My 2014/2015 projects included:
- Artistic Director for the highly successful Rhythms of Life community project in Denmark, based on the lives of 26 elderly people from the community, resulting in a complex piece of multi media theatre.
- Northcliffe’s Understory public sculpture trail commission for the Wishing Wheels sculptures.
- the Makarita Project - supporting a young 'songbird' from Taveuni Island, Fiji to take part in the 2014 Denmark Festival of Voice and Rhythmsong as part of an ongoing international cultural exchange project
- filmmaking workshops for the Shire of Roebourne in Karratha, Roebourne, Wickham and Dampier
- Australian International Documentary Conference in Adeladie
- filming a documentary about Broken Hill artist Clark Barrett
- developing an app for the Mapoon Aboriginal Shire, featuring the traditional hunting and seasons of the Aboriginal traditional owners
- responding to an invitation by the Tagimoucia Festival Committee, to produce a Community Cultural Development Project on Taveuni Island, Fiji in August/September 2014
In tandem with my practice as a community artist I have kept alive my interest in exploring contemporary and experimental arts practice. This has included:
- Experimental music theatre - this was most extensively explored during my time with AC-PVC, with pieces of music theatre such as AC/PVC, Evos Music Series Collaboration with an Indian percussionist and a contemporary dancer.
New Executions Collaboration with Still Moves Dance Laboratory at the Fremantle Roundhouse.
Feats Underground Collaboration with three musicians and a painter.
Pipe Dreams, Northwest Western Australia Tour Ten week tour as a collaboration with Still Moves Dance Laboratory.
Defying Gravity, Nova Ensemble and AC/PVC, W.A. New Music Week Live-to-air broadcast on ABC FM.
Drums, Drumming, Drummed. Collaboration with six specialist percussionists - Darwin Festival Fringe in collaboration with Sarah Hopkins.
- Projects such as Deep Sea Gossip and Soundscape Meditation Concert allowed for contemporary explorations of sound and music theatre, combined with a luscious aesthetic appeal. On Deep Sea Gossip I collaborated with musicians Kerry Fletcher and Paul Tanner, with visuals by Cecile Williams.
- One off performances, such as Two Semi Nude Big Blokes, together with Lochie McDonald; welcoming soundtrack to sculptures by Nicholas Compton, together with musicians Subhan and Paul Barrett; The Priestess, a mobile kinetic sculpture created by Cecile Williams and Ben Alpers, and performed in collaboration with Clayton Chipper and Dave McKinney.
- As a musician with groups Chilli Con Cussion, Los Chasquis, The Sambanistas, Trio De Janeiro, AC-PVC, Whak and Tok Pan Tok.
- An interest in jewellery making, using both silver wire techniques and my own original 'plastic bag' jewellery.
- I have produced, recorded and released a CD recording (Eyes of a Child) of original music, in collaboration with the members of Tok Pan Tok, along with some wonderful guest musicians.
- An Australia Council for the Arts Fellowship project to collaborate with pan pipe players in different parts of the world. This involved writing, playing and recording with musicians from Romania, the Solomon Islands, Bolivia and Malawi, produced as a CD recording and 1hour 32minute film.
- Co-directing, producing, filming and editing three community films for the Denmark Arts Council, being a comedy, arthouse and fantasy film. In 2013 I have directed and produced two pop film clips.